Individually adapted prostheses, orthoses and orthopedic footwear to replace a lost body part or restore lost function of the movement organs. You will find useful information about, among other things, orthopedic aids at Norsk Helseininformatikk here
In order to be able to cover expenses for an orthopedic aid, an application must be made from an approved specialist, the application has been approved when NAV has made a positive "vetak".
The following specialists have the approval to apply: Specialist in orthopedic surgery, internal medicine, rheumatology, pediatrics, neurology, physical medicine and rehabilitation as well as internet doctor with authorization.
Read more about criteria for obtaining an approved requisition on orthopedic aids on the legal data page here( https://lovdata.no/dokument/SF/forskrift/1997-04-18-336 )
If you have an application
- Will we help with further project
- When you have a granted application, we will take measurements, produce, deliver and provide guidance with the use of the medical aid.
If you do not have an application
- We will make an assessment. If it turns out that there are grounds for being able to apply, we have private orthopedic surgeons who can help with tthe application .
- If we consider that the basis for being able to apply for support is not present, we will be able to give you advice and guidance based on an assessment. If you wish, we can produce and deliver aids that are paid for privately or that are covered by insurance.
NAV has notified the following about rates for self-payment/benefit amounts:
- Own payment, custom-made orthopedic footwear and special shoes, adults from NOK 655 - NOK 1065 per couple
- Own payment, specially made orthopedic footwear and special shoes, children under 10 years from NOK 405 – 495 per couple
- Self-payment footbeds KR. 225 per unit
Deductible – footbeds.
There is a deductible of KR. 225 per footbed, KR. 450 per couple. If the specialist has approved that the user needs frequent replacement of footbed due to the prevention or treatment of severe ulceration in diabetes mellitus, the expenses for more than a couple of footbeds per year are fully covered.
Deductible – orthopedic custom sewn footwear.
Allowance is provided for the purchase of up to two pairs of orthopedically sewn shoes per year. year. An exemption from this provision may be granted. There is a deductible of NOK. 655-1065 per pair for adults and NOK 405-665 per pair for children under 10 years. When a dispensation from the number restriction is granted, the expenses are fully covered from and including couple number three (from the 2nd year).
Self-payment – special shoes.
Allowance is provided for the purchase of up to two pairs of special shoes per year. year. An exemption from this provision may be granted. Folketrygden covers the first NOK. 1,605 (incl. VAT) of the retail price of special shoes.
For example: If the special shoes cost NOK 2,260 including VAT, the patient's own payment will be NOK 655 incl. VAT When a dispensation from the number restriction is granted, the expenses are fully covered from and including couple number three (from the 2nd year).
National Insurance Act §10-7
Part IV. Benefits in case of illness, etc.
Chapter 10. Benefit to compensate for expenses for improving the ability to work and the functioning of daily life.
F18.04.1997 no. 336 Regulations on benefit to cover expenses for orthopedic aids, breast prosthesis, facial defect prosthesis, eye prosthesis and wig
Orthopedic aids include prostheses, orthoses and orthopedic footwear.
Orthopedic aids – Your rights at NAV
To get support for orthopedic aids, you must have a permanent (over two years) disability in the arms, legs or back. The aid must be necessary to maintain a general level of function, and it must be requisitioned by an approved specialist. A prerequisite for you to receive benefits is that a supplier who has a framework agreement with NAV delivers the orthopedic aid.